Kokoda Trek for Prostate Cancer
The Kokoda Track holds an extremely important place in Australia’s history. From July 1942, the route over the Owen Stanley Range witnessed the battle hardened Japanese war machine, encounter young, unprepared, untrained, unproven and hopelessly outnumbered Australian soldiers. It was on the Kokoda Track that the myth of Japanese invincibility was broken for the first time.
The track stretches 96 kilometres through what is arguably some of the most rugged and wild jungle in the world. It is a primal track, built over 200 years ago as a commuting route between villages before it became the scene of bitter fighting between Australian and Japanese soldiers.
After completing this trek you can feel proud to pay your respects to Australian wartime history, as a personal physical challenge and whilst honouring your forefathers by walking in the footsteps of heroes, and having a life changing experience, you will change someone else’s life for the better by becoming a modern day hero; raising valuable funds for Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia.
Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia’s mission is to reduce the impact of prostate cancer on Australian men, their partners and families, recognising the diversity of the Australian community. PCFA is working towards this goal by:
- Promoting and funding world leading, innovative research into prostate cancer
- Implementing awareness and advocacy campaigns and education programs for the Australian Community, health professionals and Government
- Supporting men and their families affected by prostate cancer through evidence-based information and resources, support groups and Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurses.
- Prostate cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australian men.
- Approximately 20,000 Australian men are diagnosed with prostate cancer each year.
- Over 200,000 Australian men are living after a diagnosis with prostate cancer.
- Approximately 3,500 Australian men die of prostate cancer each year.
Join the team to trek the Kokoda Track to raise awareness and funds for the vital work of Prostate Cancer Foundation Australia.
To Express interest go to: https://www.jotform.com/auroraadventures/aurora-adventures-2019-
To Book your place contact https://form.jotform.co/auroraadventures/pcfa-kokoda-2020